My Life as an Athlete during Degree Years

 

As I mentioned before, I kept myself busy with all kinds of activities that I could during my degree and later  did I know, I involved wayyyy too much! Most of the time I can balance between studies and activities and sometimes I don't. I've always love sports ever since high school but never got a chance to represent anything. Well what about during my Diploma? I almost got into rowing team but I drew myself out due to the redundant schedule between training and classes. So instead, I kept myself busy with part time job and volunteer. Okay lari topic lagi!


On the first time semester, I mostly tengok2 dulu sekeliling macam mana, get to know the area, the campus, the environment, cari tau apa yang boleh buat on the next semester. After getting to know with some friends and seniors, they introduced me to this sport event yang dipanggil sebagai Sukan Antara Fakulti or SAF in short. Setahun sekali punya event, which mean at that time, the event will begin on my second semester. Aku pun apa lagi, tengok lah sukan apa yang ada. Alhamdulillah those activities helped me a lot during my free time, instead of membazir masa jalan2 kan. What kind of sports yang aku masuk ni sebenarnya? Ayuh lah scroll haha..


SWIMMING

It was my very first time ever masuk competition. Terus amek dua acara that is 50m breaststroke and 100m freetstyle. I lost due to the last minit perubahan susunan acara. Had to do both tanpa rest, ended up my leg got cramped. I gave my best effort but yeah.. first time kan, at least tau lah macam mana next punya game. Kalah pulak dengan budak2 sukma lah apa lah, yang mmg makanan dorang renang ni. Laju giler dorang!


Group photo with all swimmers. Kiteorang atlet FSKM and alhamdulillah bawak balik jugak medal kiteorang. Thank you Farah and Nini sudi datang support! Ehek


KAYAKING

It was the same day as swimming game, only thing is.. kayak started in the morning, and swimming started after lunch.. Was kinda rush on both game, which explain why I drained a bit masa renang tapi xpelah lah kannnn.. pengalamannnn hahaha.. both game buat aku kenal semua but it was just temporally since most of them dah final year pun so yeah.. and was surprised when I met Alya (pakai spek, tudung belacan) sebab? lol we were classmates during our high school year. Dia amek kursus law and antara yang final year jugak masa ni. Bagus kan dak2 yang amek course susah ni tapi masih mampu aktif sukan, respect! The one in red is Qayyum, our manager slash coach.

ARCHERY

My fav non-sweaty sport! Archery does fun, but if you have your own favourite bow. But here, we used the supplied bow and everything so to have that specific bow for you own comfortably when shooting could be quite tough because every bow have different elastic strength. Sometimes I do get the most perfect bow for me sometimes I don't but when I do, I always hit on the red and yellow area. I remember that one time i accidentally hit my left arm with the sting and it gave me a big bluish purple swollen. Don't really have much photos because everyone was really focus. We need to always keep our eyes on the center.

INDOOR ROWING

Forgot to mention this entry bukan setakat SAF, but some other event that I've joined too! Remember I mentioned to you about joining Indoor Rowing when I was in Diploma but then I drew myself out? Well, lucky me that I finally accepted as an rowing athlete in UiTM! The video you see above is Putrajaya Boat Race at Putrajaya. It was my last outside of UiTM game, and yang faham about this sport, aku tau... aku ada banyak salah in term of body position and technique but I did it! Berjaya habiskan! Hehehehe.. Alhamdulillha as an ex UiTM Indoor Rowing athlete, I am SUPER PROUD of myself for making it this far! Macam aku boleh terjebak? Baca bawah....

I joined Indoor Rowing first as a contestant and atlet FSKM (my faculty) on my 4th Semester during SAF. That's where I met Zati and Ain for the first time. I joined this sport because it reminds of aku pernah cuba untuk jadi atlet rowing UTM tapi tak berjaya. I got too excited when I saw those ergo in front of me! So yeah, my journey as an athlete begins during this SAF, along with Zati because we both overwhelmed with how much effort we put during the game. I had a really great time with for those 2 years with them, and my appreciation goes to Aini Sham as the Club President whom I respect walaupun dia muda lagi but how she led the team is undeniably a perfect person that will truly bring all of us to success. Oh and i forgot to say that on my third year, everyone appointed me as the Club President (before I was just a normal athlete, then Vise President) There were lots of memories with all of them and not single one I will ever forget. Now that I have left everyone, I hope masing-masing lupakan kisah lama (you-know-it), and aku doakan semua berjaya dunia akhirat. The team are currently lead by Umair.

WOODBALL

Woodball! Hahahah ntah bila nak habis post ni ya allah! But heyyyyy Navy???? Nanti lah aku citer hahaha.. I am full of surprised! 😂😂😂


Alright so this was actually just a few weeks before pandemic happen all around the globe. I was so excited for this one because this is the first time they introduce us this sport in Karnival Sukan KD Sri Klang (KSKDSK) or formerly known as Karnival Sukan Palapes Laut (KSPL). None of us actually ever played Woodball and so my friend Kimi as the manager worked hard to search for a place where we can practice woodball (since UiTM doesn't provide Woodball anymore). We trained every week whenever we have a slot that we can book, and though it might easy as it seems (yeah it is a bit easy la), we managed to cover the basic Woodball throughout those few weeks. That Covid-19 happens, everything got canceled out even woodball. Basically every single thing that everyone has ever planned had to be canceled due to the concern of Covid-19. Kinda bummer but gotta follow the rules.

I managed to do a video of us training for woodball at that time. Had fun training woodball tho didn't have a chance to compete. Other than woodball, I was supposed to be an athlete for marathon and also swimming during KSKDSK tapi itulah.. Oh and I did joined Basketball team in 2018 but got qualified before the game due to the lack of leadership (xnk mention hehehe). Itu aku agak sedih sebab kiteorang berbulan gak practice tapi sebab ego, satu team kene disqualified. Meh... I think that's it! My life as an athlete during my degree years.. LOL ONE MORE THING! I ALMOST GOT TO BE INTO THE BASEBALL TEAM BUT THEN I HAD TO CHOOSE EITHER THAT OR ROWING SEBAB CLASH WAKTU TRAINING. BUMMER! Thank you so much guys for your time baca blog aku... pada adik2 yg excited masuk UiTM, jangan tamak sangat lah macam aku hahaha..


Follow my Instagram to see all photos (@kyrelrosli). Aku lepas gian semua sebab tak pernah dapat buat semua ni zaman sekolah sampai diploma. Now that I am towards the end of my study, I finally can take a deep breath and keep this is all in my memories. In total aku jadi atlet untuk sukan Renang, Indoor Rowing, Basketball, Memanah, Woodball, Marathon and Aerodance. Dah masuk kerja balik nanti, aku dah x join dah bende2 ni.. fokus pada kerjaya and hidup. Cewah! Hahahaha poyo.. bye

No comments:

Post a Comment